Community Service Program
(for students entering grades 11 or 12)
Students with leadership skills entering grades 11 or 12 are encouraged to apply to the Camp's Community Service Program. Applicants must exhibit a strong sense of responsibility and excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Download and complete the Community Service Program Application. After the Camp receives your Application, qualified applicants will be contacted by our Student Activities Director for a telephone interview. If accepted, each participant will be awarded:
B or C
A program fee of $60 (Session A) or $125 (Sessions B or C) is due upon acceptance into the program. Daily lunch is included. Note: This program has limited enrollment, so we encourage applicants to sign up early.
The available positions and the duties of the Community Service Program participants include:
- Participants will be working with a small group of campers ranging ages 7-11, and with camp faculty.
- Classroom duties include: mentoring younger campers in class activities, assisting faculty during class time, and escorting campers to and from their scheduled classes, lunch, and special activity.
- Other duties include: assisting younger campers in carrying their instrument when needed, helping during snack time, helping the campers in their group to prepare for the camp talent show. Assistant Counselors will be expected to model correct behavior in the classroom, at lunch and during concerts.
- Counselor may be asked to participate in an ensemble, as needed.
- Counselor may be asked to assist the Director of Student Activities, as needed.
- On the Final Concert Day, Assistant Counselors accompany their group after camp dismissal to their concert. They also assist at all the final concerts as needed.
- Participants will attend a half day pre-camp orientation, during which they will take a campus tour and help assemble registration materials.
- Applicant will assist Head Counselor and Staff.
- Duties will include moving instruments and sound equipment.
- Other duties: set up and break down of stage equipment for concerts, talent shows and jam sessions, and monitoring sound during activities.
- Assistant will also help set up amplifiers, mics, and drum sets as needed in the classrooms.
- Assistant may be asked to participate in an ensemble, as needed.
- Assistant may be asked to assist the Director of Student Activities, as needed.
- Assistants stay at camp after regular dismissal on the 2 Final Concert Days to assist at all the final concerts as needed.
- Participants will be expected to attend a half day pre-camp orientation - during which time they will assist in loading, unloading, and setting up musical equipment.