SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
Postmark Deadline April 15, 2017
ARTISTIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
The camp is pleased to offer highly talented students Artistic Merit Scholarships. The amount of the scholarships range from $ 75 - $200. The competition must have taken place during the current school year. If you win a competition that occurred after our deadline, it may still be possible for you to receive a scholarship from the Camp. A camper may only apply for one Merit Scholarship.
1. FMEA (Florida Music Education's Association) All-State winners or equivalent event in your home state. $200.
2. Federation of Music Clubs State Convention winners. $200.
3. Miami-Dade County Superintendent Honors Festival or any similar All-County Honors Band, Orchestra, or Choral Festival in your home state. $75.
4. State Solo Music Performance Assessment (MPA) 2017 - superior rating or equivalent event in your home state. (note: this award does not apply to District Solos and Ensembles events) $150.
5. Other Artistic Merit Scholarships: If you have won an artistic award that is on a State Level and is not listed above, you can send the camp a full description of the competition and the committee will accept it for review: $ amount varies.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN ARTISTIC MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
Note: You must first register for the camp and send in your deposit before applying for a scholarship.
1. Send verification of your award. It could be a copy of your acceptance letter or a copy of the program with your name on it. The document you send must include the date of the event. Make sure that the camper's name is clearly visible.
2. When the camp receives your verification letter, we will email you a confirmation that we received it.
3. The camp will send you a letter awarding you the Artistic Merit Scholarship by May 1. PLEASE do not call the camp office prior to this date.
ADDITIONAL NEED-BASED FINANCIAL AID
Postmark Deadline April 15, 2017
If you cannot attend the Frost Young Musicians' Camp without additional financial aid, follow the steps listed below:
1. Register for the camp and send in your non-refundable financial aid application fee of $15.
2. Download the financial aid application and fill it out. (Download Application)
3. Send the financial aid application.
4. Tell us if you have received any other scholarships that you will use for a music camp include the amount and the source of your award. If it is still pending, please also tell us that.
5. Submit a 5 minute audition demo of your best playing. If you are applying to the Advanced Honors Level, you can use the same demo. The camp only accepts demos sent by email. (movie or link to youtube).
6. When the camp receives your complete application, we will email you a confirmation letter.
7. Decisions will be emailed to the camper by May 1. PLEASE do not call the camp office prior to this date.
PLEASE NOTE: THE MAXIMUM FINANCIAL AID AWARD IS NO MORE THAN 50% of THE CAMP TUITION. The maximum total family income cannot exceed $50,000 to apply for financial aid. International students may apply for an Artistic Merit Scholarship, but not for Need-Based Financial Aid.
In the event that a family cannot afford to pay 50% of the tuition, please send a detailed letter of explanation and your application will be placed on a waiting list. Decisions for campers on the waiting list will be emailed no later than May 30.
Please follow the above requirements carefully as the Scholarship Committee will not accept any incomplete applications.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for outstanding students based on TALENT and NEED. Financial aid is only offered to campers attending the Intermediate, Advanced, or Advanced/Honors Programs. The DEADLINE for submitting Need-Based Scholarship Applications is APRIL 15, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Complete the following steps:
FROST YOUNG MUSICIANS' CAMP
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS
1. Complete the Camp Online Registration Form.
2. Complete and submit the attached Financial Aid Application along with the $15 application fee, which will be applied to your balance due.
3. Mail to this address:
University of Miami Frost School of Music
Frost Young Musicians' Camp
P.O. Box 248165
Coral Gables, FL 33124-7610
FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION
E-mail your audition demo to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The requirements for the demo can be found on the Advanced Honors page.
The camp will e-mail the Teacher Recommendation Form directly to your music teacher whose e-mail you provided on the online registration form.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation when we receive your complete application. You will be notified of your award on May 1 by e-mail. Please do not call the camp office before that date to inquire about your award.